Mining (Geochemical Analysis)
Geochemical analysis is the starting point to successful mineral extraction
Exploration, mining, and refining operations require accredited independent laboratories to ensure accurate monitoring of ore and metal content throughout the whole process. ZIMLABS assists the sector in making correct investment decisions based on accurate evaluation of ore quality and quantity.
We carry out:
- PGMs by Fire Assays - Gold Platinum, Palladium, Rhodium
- Li analysis and Rare earth elements (REE).
- Iron Ore Analysis - Fe, FeO, SiO2, Al2O3, Loss on Ignition
- Limestone Analysis - CaO, CaCO3, MgO, LOI, SiO2, Al2O3, Fe2O3
- Chrome Ore Analysis - Cr2O3, FeO Cr: Fe ratio, SiO2, AI2O3
- Base Metal Analysis - Fe, Cr, Ni, Pb, Mn, Cu, Co, As, Sb, Ag,
- Sample Preparation (Drying, Crushing, Pulverizing, Splitting & Sieving)
- Coal Analysis - Ash, Volatile Matter, Moisture and Fixed Carbon, Calorific Value, Sulphur, Phosphorus, specific gravity and free swelling index.
- Cyanide Extraction (Bottle Roll)
- Column and Vat leaching
- Bulk density,
- Specific Gravity
- Particulate Size Distribution
- Moisture after Sample Preparation